With glasses that are way-out weird and smartwatches that aren’t exactly smart, we’re still not taking this whole wearable tech thing seriously, and then Samsung launched its GALAXY Gear at Unpacked 2013. This new smartwatch raises our hopes, both for the wearable tech industry and our secret dreams of being a spy. Here’s what you need to know: [unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- There’s still no word when it will hit the country. But on Sept. 25, it will be for sale internationally for $299.
- It will be compatible with the other devices launched at the Unpacked event–GALAXY Note 3 and Note 10.1.
- Software updates in the future will also make the smartwatch compatible with other GALAXY phones.
- The watch has a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED Screen, 4GB internal storage, 800MHz processor, 512MB RAM, Bluetooth, and weight of 74 grams.
- It comes in six colors: Jet Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold, and Lime Green. With several face options, you can customize the look of your watch.
[/unordered_list] Super spy time: [unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- You don’t need to pull out your smartphone since you can make and answer calls on your watch, just by voice commands.
- This also comes with a 1.9MP strap-mounted camera so you can take photos and 10-second 720p videos. It can also capture voice recordings.
- This smartwatch can launch different apps such as Twitter, RunKeeper, and others available from the Samsung App Store.
- When your GALAXY Gear notifies you about a message, you can just take out your smartphone and the Smart Relay will show you the message on its screen.
[/unordered_list] Words Elaine Cotoner