Leave your wallet at home and have one less thing to worry about when you shop at The SM Store.
Starting this December, everyone can enjoy cashless payments using GCash’s Scan To Pay feature on the GCash App at all The SM Store branches nationwide.
Since its launch last October, the GCash App for smartphones has made payment transactions easier and more rewarding with cash-back rebate promos. Using the fintech service is very easy and convenient—all you need are a smartphone, Globe SIM card, data connection, and your initial fund.
Here’s a simple guide on how to enjoy faster payment through GCash at The SM Store:
2. Register and verify your account using your Globe mobile number.
3. Top-up (or “cash-in”) your account through various options like BPI mobile transfer, 7-Eleven Cliqq kioks, SM Business Center, Cebuana Lhuillier, or at any Globe Store.
4. To start paying using GCash at The SM Store, simply inform the counter staff that you’ll be paying for your purchase using GCash.
5. After the cashier scans your purchased items on the register, open the GCash App on your phone and select “Pay QR” from the menu to access the Scan To Pay feature.
6. Scan the QR code at the counter and type in the amount of your purchase.
7. You and the cashier’s GCash-enabled mobile phone will receive a notification about the transaction. Once everything is settled, you can go on and enjoy the rest of your day.
This new payment method is not only convenient for customers, but for Globe and its partner establishments as well. “We’re not installing a device but just a sticker with a QR code. The customer simply scans that sticker so no need for additional machines for transactions and there’s no cost to the machine but more benefits to the merchants,” says Anthony Thomas, president and CEO of Mynt, the financial technology company owned by Globe Telecom, Ant Financial (controlled by Alibaba founder Jack Ma), and Ayala Corporation.
The SM Store is the latest addition to the growing roster of GCash’s partner merchants. GCash is also available at all SM Supermalls information booths nationwide.