Online remittance isn’t new. However, a lot of people are still hesitant to try it because the task seems daunting or they are not sure how to go about it.
We save you the trouble! Here are 10 easy steps to safely remit money online with the help of international remittance firm Remitly:
2. Select Join Remitly and create your free account.
3. Enter the amount of money you want to send. The app will automatically do the math.
4. Select your preferred delivery speed. Economy is free but delivers for around 3 to 5 business days, while Express can send in just minutes with a fee of $3.99. (It’s free this month for a limited time only.)
5. Choose how you would like the money to be delivered.
6. Add your recipient’s basic information and contact details. Plus, select an option to notify them when the funds are ready.
7. Input your name, contact details, birthday, and the last 4 digits of your TIN/SSS for verification.
8. Pay! For Express transfers, use your card like you would in any online shopping site. But for Economy transfers, you only need your bank account number and routing number that can be found on any check that your bank has issued you.
9. Take the time to double-check your account details in the summary provided.
10. If everything looks correct, just press send!
Share these ten easy steps with your friends and family, so they’ll know how fast, secure, and hassle-free sending remittances online can be–especially now that the holiday season is here (read: 13th month pay and Christmas bonuses).