The latest addition to Sony’s full-frame mirrorless camera lineup is finally here. The Sony α7 III boasts of high-powered performance, high-quality image processing, 4K movie shooting, and fast-processing speed and shooting response. It’s got a long-lasting battery that allows you to shoot up to 710 pictures per charge.
To showcase the features of the α7 III, Sony ambassadors Pilar Bonnin and Jerome Ascano test-drove the camera on site.
Ascano, a sports photographer, demonstrated the camera’s speed through a live mock-up boxing match. “As a sports photographer, having the right equipment is vital to capture the right moments. The α7 III’s capturing speed allows me to capture the moments at a faster pace without compromising the image quality, and this is up to 24.2 megapixels,” he said.
Meanwhile, Bonnin, a portrait photographer, reviewed the camera’s picture quality through an onsite bridal studio photoshoot.
The ILCE-7M3K (with 28-70mm zoom lens) is priced at P129,999 while the ILCE-7M3 (body only) retails for P115,999.
Here are the key specs of the Sony α7 III:
- Full-frame 24.2MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor with evolved image processing
- ISO range of 100 – 51200 (expandable to ISO 50 – 204800 for still images) and 15-Stop Dynamic Range at low sensitivities
- 693 phase-detection AF points
- 10fps continuous shooting
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization
- 4K movie shooting